Re: ViewsonicG70fm configuration with Xfree 4.3.0 under Suse 8.2

Corrado Topi wrote:

Yes, I know how to configure it! :-)

The problem is I do not have the specification of the monitor, installed suse (who does not have the specific configurations for this monitor) and so I do not know what to put on the range.

If someone has a configration file for the same monitor I can simply copy and paste!

I have not such monitor but you can obtain right numbers yourself.
1. Try surfing the ViewSonic site for description. May be even windows .inf file if there are timings inside.
2. Try googling (this is the case where google is second)
3. Debian X have "medium" level of configurator. You have to specify the maximum possible mode. SuSe most probably have the same.
4. Try to do it yourself. Run xcalc, guess the values, write them in and try. Only very old monitors have no protection for this so you will unlikely to damage it. Though it is not recommended if you do not know "how it works".

--
Respectfully
Alexey Nezhdanov