Xnest & nesting servers

Hello All,

I'm having trouble getting the Xnest server to allow clients access when
running as a second server on the same workstation. (I probably won't do
this in practice, but I'd like to know why it's not allowing access.) One
server starts OK. Then I'll start the second server, Xnest, on another
display like so: Xnest -display :1. It starts fine, I can see it. The man
page for Xnest states now I should be able to run xclients on the Xnest
server, such as: xterm -display :1, and then lauch whatever from there.
This is the part were trouble sets in. The xterm is refused, can't
connect. In the term that I started the Xnest server, I see error
messages:
AUDIT: <date> Xnest: client 1 rejected from local host

and this repeats each time I try, same results. I changed the display
numbers around but no luck. It seems something is default set overly
protective, but I'm not sure how to stop it, or what it is. It's not
xhost +<host>, because I tried that in desperation. It won't take a
-display tag, either. So now I have a lovely Xnest server with a paranoid
complex that I can't access from the machine that started it (I could
simply kill it off, so I don't see the security in this.) Thanks in
advance for anyone that can help. I'll keep checking the man pages 'till
then :(

-Jay