Laptop Dell Inspiron 5000e UXGA 1600x1200, ATI Rage Mobility 128 M3, XFree86 4.3.0 crash

Hi,
Please find attached the log file of Xfree86 after the default install of Mandrake 9.2.1
Actually I have the same problem with previous versions of Mandrake and also Mandrake-move.
I also attached my XF86Config-4 file which after modifications now works, see #GvR
The file XF86Config.new.ok is the modified working config file after running xf86cfg.
Hope this will help.

My setup:
Laptop Dell Inspiron 5000e UXGA 1600x1200, ATI Rage Mobility 128 M3,
Mandrake 9.2.1, XFree86 4.3.0, Synaptics Touchpad enabled + USB Logitech mouse.

Problems:
1) After a default install, X do not start, see log file, until the config file is modified as follow:
VertRefresh 60 ==> 59-75

2) If any move is done on the touchpad the keyboard do not respond anymore,
and the only way I found to get it back is to start harddrake2 through the network !
To solve this: add an 2nd mouse on /dev/psaux assuming the one already used by the system is USB:

Section "InputDevice"                   #GvR
    Identifier "Mouse2"                 #GvR
    Driver "mouse"                      #GvR
    Option "Protocol" "auto"            #GvR
    Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"                #GvR
EndSection                              #GvR

Section "ServerLayout"
    InputDevice "Mouse2" "SendCoreEvents"       #GvR
EndSection

3) If any vga mode is used during linux startup, as vga=794 in the lilo.conf,
Videos don't play properly when using totem, xine or mplayer:
The half left of the movie is shown horizontally stretched to fill the full window size.
If no vga mode is defined, (see commented line #GvR in my lilo.conf) X works fine.

Could you please advise/help me ?

What should I do to get X (re-)initialize properly the chipset even if a vga line is used in the lilo.conf ?
How change the console resolution besides the vga line in the lilo.conf ?
What is the vga=xxx to use to get that 1600x1200 resolution ?
Is there any way to get the default install of the next Xfree86 release to work on the Dell Inspiron 5000e UXGA ?
Same thing if more than one mouse is present on the system as a TP and a USB mouse ?
This even more important for a CD Boot version like Mandrake-move.

Please feel free to ask for any information you would need.
Thanks for your help/support,
Gilles van Ruymbeke