Re: How to reduce the over head of one bit appending in 24 bit RGB image display?

    A couple drivers support that but most do not.  The reason why
is that it's generally a bad idea.  If you change the XImage format
to 24bpp, many desktop applications will break.  Also, performance
is sometimes slower than with 32bpp due to alignment issues.  See
the Option "Pixmap" described in the man page on XF86Config.  Note,
most drivers don't support this.

			Mark.