Running 1024x768 antialiased at 1600x1200?

I have a problem with Gnome/Mozilla/OOO and high DPI values.  I would like to run 1024x768 on my
17" monitor.  However I don't wish to give up the clearety of 1600x1200.  Is there a way to run
1024x768 antialiased at 1600x1200?

This real problem is that most apps use DPI to resize fonts but fail to resize there grfx as well.
 This causes text to be hidden and other ugly anomalys.  It seams that every one thinks that I
have some how chosen wrong fonts.  The problem of running with high DPI has become to costly as a
result.  I realy do like the non-jaged look of higher resolutions but since this changes the DPI
it's not worth doing.

The last draw today was when I printed a webpage it came ought as if my printer had 163 DPI, vary
small.  I wonder what kind of respons I'l get from this bug report.