Re: [SPAM] ...and if you don't have a monitor at all? How do you configure XFree?

karsten sez:
> In an embedded system where there is no keyboard and no monitor connected
> to the machine, how do you configure X??
>
> But how do I set X up since what I will be doing is use the
> DISPLAY=x.x.x.x:0.0 to get to an external x-server?

You don't.  You configure sockets in your kernel and make sure the net
connection works, and that's what your X clients (applications that
connect to the X server) in your embedded system will use to connect to
the server.

Just to be clear:  the X *server* is, by definition, a computer that has
a monitor connected to it.  X *clients* are the applications that
connect to it, and they don't need any part of X on the local machine,
AFAIK, except perhaps a .so file or two.

Ben