how to translate Xlib's Window IDs to Linux Process IDs

I'm making a new window manager to expirment with how
to make workflow more efficient, and as part of that,
I need to have my window manager ('desktop
environment') aware of which window(s) correspond to a
Linux Proccess ID.

Currently, I have the system record all new windows
created after I click a button on my toolbar to launch
a process, as being part of that process. This isn't a
good solution and of course, doesn't account for a
process creating another window after another process
has already started, etc...

So, my window manager of course gets called whenever a
new window is about to be created, at which point, my
window manager can get information about it, such as
its ID#, and change things like its size and position.

I'm wondering if there is a way that I can translate
the Window ID# to a process ID(on Linux)?

This would greatley improve my system.

:)