Bandwidth statement in Monitor section?

I feel like this must be a FAQ, as I doubt I'm the only one who is religious
about finding out not only the H and V refresh rates my monitors are
capable of, but also the maximum video bandwidth they can handle, so please
pardon me if this has been asked before.  (I searched the list archives and
failed to find it if so.)

What happened to the Bandwidth directive in the Monitor section in the
XF86Config file for version 4?  How is one supposed to tell the server
not to drive the monitor at greater than a certain maximum dot clock,
regardless of whether the mode in question meets the specified HorizSync
and VertRefresh ranges, in a v4 XF86Config file?

Thanks!

                            -----Carl