Problems using a Dell SX270 with Intel i865G graphic

Hi,

I have a problem running X on my Dell Optiplex SX270. I tried to solve
this for several days now, and I am getting quite frustrated because I
can not use my new computer :(.

I am using Debian 3.0, and just installed XFree86 4.3.0 to check if it
works with a newer version than the one included with the Debian DVD I
have. Unfortunately, the result is the same with the old and the new
version.

The system has an Intel i865G graphics chip (onboard) with no separate
graphics memory (should use the system's main memory). As far as I can
see, although I changed teh BIOS settings to reserve 8MB of memory for
graphics, what the X-server finds is only 1MB (in the end, it find 832kB
of usable memory). So I can only get it to work in 640x480, which is
quite unsatisfying on a 20" TFT, which can do 1600x1200.

Please find attached the log file, which gets generated when running X
on this machine (I gzipped it to save some bandwidth).

I would be very glad if someone could give me a hint of what to do to
finally get my new system up and running.

Thanks,

Christoph JÃger