Re: SuSE X Issues

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003, Wise, Jeremey wrote:

	[...]

> First boot: Boot time was a tad slow but not completely unusual. Apparently
> it does some kind of automatic logon of the user account you create. (don't
> remember it asking me to turn that on). The real problem was that the screen
> was split 3/4 of the way down and then "wrapped back onto itself". Kind of
> hard to explain but it was like the 'bottom' of the screen was about 2inches
> too high and then instead of truncating it (or where you have to 'pan' the
> mouse up to see the rest) it just wrapped the missing top 2inches of the
> monitor down onto the bottom. I ran the configurator and tried different
> video monitors, cards, etc to no avail. Tried to find a 'bugzilla' for SuSE
> but that does not seem to exist. Ended up emailing support@xxxxxxxx and go a
> response back telling me to respond with the support number off my copy of
> SuSE. (though the email did point to a site that had some archived help
> fixes that I checked out.... nothing about this kind of issue sience 2.2v
> kernel stuff). The situation would have been workable if not for the last
> feature that Konquer's functionality as a web browser is abysmal and my
> selection of Mozilla as an 'additional' option to be installed ended up with
> a plethora of missing configuration files. This meant I had to reboot into
> windows to look for and try fixes.
>
> I believe it is a XF86Config file issue. So long as the TFT is disabled the
> system boots fine with a regular monitor. I copied the configuration file
> from a Knoppix 3.3 (which works great) and after cleaning up some font
> references X started but had the same issue.(I also did the same for a
> Fedora XF86Config file which was the exact same 4.3.0 version).

I believe this has already been fixed.  Please try the latest 4.4 release
candidate.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Computing and Network Services  |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|  352 General Services Building   |  email:  tsi@xxxxxxxxxxx          |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |                                   |
|  T6G 2H1                         |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |