Re: Fw: problem -reg X windows

Hi buddy,
Vaibhav Patel here (MCSE)I might have solution to ur problem...cuz i also encountered the same problem..
But i had a bit different way to solve it for me.
so i also have the same solution for u....

First install 7.3 and during that it will detect ur display and monitor and just note it down which one it detects automatically...and just go with same one in 9.0

I am damn sure u will get it,,,,,cuz i had problem with agp card...and i banged it all.

Vaibhav Patel

SECO Controls Private Limited <seco_controls@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello sir(s),

Let me first introduce myself, iam a system administrator of a chennai
based company using linux(REDHAT 6.0) as a server for quite some and it
working well.

Now, i have installed REDHAT 9.0 in one of my system successfully. But
iam not able to get the X.

Following are details of my Video Card and Monitor

VideoCard
1. driver - savage
2. broadname - S3 Prosavage KM133
3. videoram - 16384

Monitor
1. Modelname - 500E
2. DisplaySize - 280 210
3. HorisSyn - 30.0 - 54.0
4. VerRefresh - 50.0 - 120.0

I have encountered following errors while trying to setup X

1. SAVAGE(0): virtual height (0) is too small for the hardware (min
128)
2. SAVAGE(0): xf86ValidateModes failure
3. Screen(s) found but non have a usable configuration

I have tried redhat-config-xfree86 manually

I have encountered the following error
1. Couldn't start X

I will be very grateful to you,if you could guide me in this regard.

Have a nice day

Regards
Premalatha.B
System Adminstrator.