Re: Keyboard, Cherry CyMotion XPress (G86-21050)

On Thursday, December 25 2003 01:41 pm, Thorsten Giese wrote:
> Hello there.
>
> First of all: If you answer, please CC: to me, as I am not subscribed
> to this Mailinglist.
>
> As part of my Christmas presents I got an Cherry CyMotion XPress
> (G86-21050). I searched the web, but did not find usefull information
> on extended keyboards.
>
> Strange enough, not all of the "special" keys are recognized with
> xev. Can someone tell me why? Then it would be easy to write a
> .xinputrc or something similar. Or is there already a definition
> file? I couldn't find any.

What do you mean by "not recognized"? If you don't see KeyPress/
KeyRelease events then the special keys probably need to be programmed.
Unfortunately, they probably require the Windows software to program.
If you do see events for them, then you will have to edit the xkb files
in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb to define symbols for them. Then you can set
then as shortcuts if this is what you want.