Re: Unresolved symbols when running X -configure

How does X choose which drivers to load?
I've never had a FireGL board (currently have an ATI Radeon 7500 and an
ATI All In Wonder).

gf

Alan Hourihane <alanh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
12/19/2003 09:30 AM

Greg.Froese@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc
xfree86 mailing list <xfree86@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject

On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 09:17:18AM -0600, Greg.Froese@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I'm trying to run X -configure in an attempt to get xinerama working,
but
> I keep getting loads of unresolved symbol errors.
>
> I've posted the full output to the Gentoo forums, and I'll just give you

> the link instead of flooding your inboxes.
>
> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?p=717981
>
> Any tips on how to resolve this would be much appreciated.

Looks to me like possible broken FireGL drivers that you've got from ATI.

If you no longer have the FireGL board installed I do...

rm /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/fglrx_drv.o

and re-run -configure. But I'd also take a closer look at the log
file /var/log/XFree86.0.log as it looks as though you may have some
versioning clashes too.

Alan.