RE: (no subject)

david---I tried about every possible option to get the xserver going. I know that vidio chip is listed but I always got fatal server error. Using xf86config on server options specify Custom then vesa. You dont list what your monitor is but you cant test your options until you get your Xserver going. Im using Mandrake 9.0 and basicly once I had chosen the above graphics card the instillation drake did all the rest. good luck larryk

From: "David Cebulla" <davidc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: xfree86@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  (no subject)
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 11:27:58 -0700 (MST)

XFree86 version 4.2.0
Operating System: Red Hat Linux 7.3
video hardware: S3 Trio64 V2

Problem:
After installation of Red Hat Linux 7.3 GUI login does not start in Gnome
or KDE as specified, but starts in the vitual login.  then after loging in
as root type: startx to start x windows system but gives error message in
attached XFree86.0.log file.  x windows system does not start.
could not get XF86Config.