Re: Re: I852/855G and widescreen support.

On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 12:14:29PM -0000, Dermot McGahon wrote:
>> By saving your money and acquiring Intel Inc., then providing the
>> specifications to the community?  Or are you suggesting something
>> else I'm missing.  What part of WE DO NOT HAVE THE DAMN
>> SPECIFICATIONS is unclear?  The way to overcome that, is for
>> Intel to provide the specifications.  What are you missing?
>
>A civil answer?

My civil answer is at <http://www.xfree86.org/~dawes/845driver.html>.
Unfortunately it doesn't change the bottom line, which is that the driver
does not have this functionality, and to my knowledge there isn't anything
in the works that would change this :-(.

I'd be hassling my laptop vendor to give me a BIOS update that had
support for the panel's native resolution.  Dunno what good it would do
though...

David
--
David Dawes
developer/release engineer                      The XFree86 Project