xfs dead but pid file exists on linux 7.3

Hi,
I have isntalled Red HAT Linux 7.3 (kernel 2.4.18-13) with X server. This is running fine on other servers. But today i when i rung Xconfigurator and to test its working fine means GUI mode is coming while testing by Xconfigurator but after that when i  tried with startx. Its giving following error message.
I checked xfs service and found that its not running properly.
[root@backup RPMS]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/xfs status
xfs dead but pid file exists.

I also tried to remove the pid file and resarted service but same result.
I have treid to reinsall xfs  package but still problem exist.Please help me to resolve this problem ASAP.

=) Log file: "/var/log/XFree86.0.log", Time: Thu Dec  4 19:10:35 2003
(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/XF86Config-4"
    [10e] 320 x 200, 70Hz
    [133] 320 x 240, 72Hz
    [143] 400 x 300, 72Hz
    [153] 512 x 384, 70Hz
    [11d] 640 x 400, 70Hz
    [111] 640 x 480, 85Hz, 75Hz, 72Hz, 60Hz
    [173] 720 x 480, 75Hz
    [17e] 720 x 576, 75Hz
    [114] 800 x 600, 85Hz, 75Hz, 72Hz, 60Hz, 56Hz
    [117] 1024 x 768, 85Hz, 75Hz, 70Hz, 60Hz
    [163] 1152 x 864, 75Hz, 70Hz, 60Hz
    [11a] 1280 x 1024, 85Hz, 75Hz, 60Hz
    [122] 1600 x 1200, 60Hz
(WW) SAVAGE(0): Failed to set up write-combining range (0xf0000000,0x800000)
Could not init font path element unix/:7100, removing from list!

Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'

When reporting a problem related to a server crash, please send
the full server output, not just the last messages.
This can be found in the log file "/var/log/XFree86.0.log".
Please report problems to xfree86@xxxxxxxxxxx.

Thanks  and Regards

Alok Barnwal
Elitecore Technologies
404 -E-Wing, Mittal Towers, MG Road
Mobile - 9845224566
Phone -91-80-5065000
Bangalore

This e-mail message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. It should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient. If you have erroneously received this message, please delete it immediately and notify the sender. The recipient acknowledges that Elitecore Technologies Ltd. and / or its promoter Companies , as the case may be, are unable to exercise control or ensure or guarantee the integrity of/over the contents of the information contained in e-mail transmissions and further acknowledges that any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and no binding nature of the message shall be implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly with due authority of Elitecore Technologies Ltd and / or its promoter Companies, as applicable. Before opening any attachments please check