Radeon 920, hardware 3D

I've got my new machine with the Radeon 9200.  I want to try and setup the
hardware 3D support for it.  I am going to build the latest development
snapshot and or the CVS and try to set it up.  How stable are these? Do you
have any tips or suggestions on the building or configuration?  Is there an
easier way?

Thanks,

Tom Corner