help me please!

Hi,

I really need help. I'm so lost with getting my ATI
card to work I dont even know what to do anymore!

Please can you give me a simple guide on how-tow
download the latest snapshots or patches and apply
them i.e what commands to run etc...

Everytime I try give Linux a go, I fail because of my
IGP 340M Radeon Mobility!

I recently downloaded Fedora Core 1 and I like it
because the rest of my hardware works great including
acpi, i'm using an HP compaq nx9000 (dg211a).

I'm so sick of reinstalling Windows!

If you could explain to me how to apply a patch or
something to get the best performance and DRI etc...
to work I'd really be much appreciated.

I really beg you!

Regards,

Michael Magua