Re: Re: I852/855G and widescreen support.

[...]

This means that there is a way to overcome this limitation.

By saving your money and acquiring Intel Inc., then providing the specifications to the community? Or are you suggesting something else I'm missing. What part of WE DO NOT HAVE THE DAMN SPECIFICATIONS is unclear? The way to overcome that, is for Intel to provide the specifications. What are you missing?

Overcome.... I intended "technical possibility".

Are there any working plan on this matter?

Yes. The working plan is:

1) Wait until Intel releases the specifications to the public.
2) Wait until some developer gives a shit about the problem enough to take those specs and do something about the problem.

Are there any experimental patches that I can try to use?

No.

Can I use framebuffer instead of native i810 driver? If so any suggestion where I can find information about?

Unless you have a rich Uncle of considerable influence at Intel or something, there is nothing you can find out about and absolutely nothing you can do about this. The code can _only_ be written via having the specifications, or reverse engineering. Feel free to single step the video BIOS, and provide patches to implement the desired functionality.

I'm planning to adopt a rich uncle in order to acquire Intel.

Thanks Mike, is always a pleasure to receive polite answers about problems using open source drivers.
Maybe be the mailing list is not the correct place where to ask for questions.

Good luck.

Thanks, really.

Davide