Dell 8600 display problems

Well, I would like to have been able to just have with a modem or something, but no, I have a display problem.
At this point I don't know what version of XFree86 I was running, all I know I was trying to install Mandrake 9.2 on my Dell 8600 with a 15.4" wide aspect ratio screen with a nVIDIA GeForce FX 5650 for my video card (I have the lastest drivers for windows). When I installed the OS I could get everything to work but the screen would be a bunch of lines or nothing at all.

I was wondering if there is a way to fix this or to download a drivera and all would be fine. I my initail research I found nothing except that XFree86 didn't list my video card on the support page. I would love to know how to program a driver, but I don't so I am open to suggestions. I am unpartial to any linux distribution or if need be install the kernal and all the little parts individually. I just want this to work.

Thanks