A newbie question...

Hi!

My screen is shifting left and right, depending on how I position
the mouse. The screen is pretty big and doesn't fit into the
physical screen area, so only a part of it is visible at a time.
Is there anything I could change that would stop this from happening?
So far, I had to set the resolution to the smallest value possible,
and only then this goes away.

Just in case, I run X as part of the Mandrake Linux 9.2 distribution,
and someone told me, this has to do with the XFree86 environment.

Many thanks to all, :)

Nickolai