Re: mandrake 9.0 X Window configuration

Hi Larry,

I am in the same boat. I have an old PowerMac 8500
that has onboard video (one of two Ati choices, but I
can't tell which exactly) and an even older fixed res.
display (it's a Sony Trinitron, but it has the Apple
video connector, DB-15, I believe) 832 x 624.

In trying to use this beautiful monitor, I played with
the GUI settings for video (XFree in Mandrake 9.1) and
messed things up (I was using a peecee monitor
(MegaImage 15", not supported) with a Viewsonic Mac
video adapter at 640 x 480 just to install).

If you can point me in the right direction - how do
you obtain the proper settings and how do you enter
them in text mode (I cannot access the Xserver in
either text mode or graphical, e.g. KDE).

I have tried the following website to obtain settings,
but was not successful, maybe you will be:
<http://xtiming.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/xtiming.pl>

Best
George