Re: X configuration for a 25Khz arcade monitor

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 02:57:04PM +0100, MEGHAZI FABIEN wrote:
> > I've played around with the modeline generator at
> > http://xtiming.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/xtiming.pl, but I haven't
> > been able to come up with a modeline at exactly 25KHz. Simplest
> > I could get away with was somewhere between 30 and 31KHz. I
> > have my doubts whether you can run resolutions that high *cough*
> > at a frequency that low. Would you consider a (slightly?) lower
> > resolution for your SDL program?
>
> Thanks for the link ! I previously found a modeline generator but it
> was not as usefull as this one.
>
> Well I guess I'd better use the resolution this monitor was built for
> (512x384) and I'll try this modeline:
>
> Modeline "512x384@60" 15.38 512 544 600 632 384 392 396 404

Sounds good to me. From what I remember, my old TNT chipset had no problems
with a dot clock of 15.38. My new Radeon 9000 card however would not accept
anything below 20. Perhaps something to keep in mind. If you can test the
card you wish to use before connecting it to the Arcade monitor (dot clock
range is printed in the logfile) you might be able to prevent some problems.

Regards,

Pieter Hulshoff