Re: XFree86 freezes in minutes (was:Trident Blade, "no screens")

Thanks.  I think this is really a bit of a conundrum -- on my RH7.x
system, Trident is mentioned in the XFree86 config file, and SiS is
not.  And on my RH9 system, running on the very same hardware, SiS is
mentioned, and Trident is not.  Both configurations seem to cause X to
come up on the PCI video card.  I haven't tried to max out the
resolution on either RH7 or RH9, but both seem to support 1400x1050.
I suspect this is impossible, and I must be failing to observe
something.

The crashing is the symptom I care more about, of course, and I will
take your advice about the SiS drivers.  But in the future, I will
avoid like the plague motherboards with onboard video.

Thanks again.

-jmc

David Dawes writes:

        [...]