[XFree86] Correction to last post "XFree86 4.3.0 load problem"

Sorry, I realize that I didn't attach the files I
wanted when I sent the last message. Here it goes
again.

I'm running XFree86 4.3.0 on Mandrake Linux 9.1. My
graphics card is a Radeon 9200. The motherboard is a
Soyo Black Dragon KT400 with VIA kt400 chipset.

I'm using the Radeon fglrx drivers from
shroeder-digital.de for this version of XFree86. For
some reason, DRI would not load. A post on Usenet
suggested that I change the agpgart_be.c file to use
the specific setup for my chipset. The file is
attached. I changed line 6073 to read
"via_kt400_setup" instead of "via_generic_setup". I
built a new kernel module, as suggested, and installed
it. When I rebooted the computer, XFree86 would not
load. The XFree86.0.log file is attached. DRI loaded,
but X would not. I cannot figure out what the problem
is.

The command "dmesg|grep fglrx" produced the following
output:

[fglrx] Maximum main memory to use for locked dma
buffers: 675 MBytes.
[fglrx] module loaded - fglrx 3.2.8 [Sep 21 2003] on
minor 0
[fglrx] AGP detected, AgpState   = 0x1f000a0b
(hardware caps of chipset)
[fglrx] To use AGP on this CPU with this kernel, you
really should have 4MB pages disabled. Use
`mem=nopentium` on the bootloader commandline.
[fglrx] AGP enabled,  AgpCommand = 0x1f000302
(selected caps)
[fglrx] free  AGP = 54800384
[fglrx] max   AGP = 54800384
[fglrx] free  LFB = 111149056
[fglrx] max   LFB = 111149056
[fglrx] free  Inv = 0
[fglrx] max   Inv = 0
[fglrx] total Inv = 0
[fglrx] total TIM = 0
[fglrx] total FB  = 0
[fglrx] total AGP = 16384
[fglrx] free  AGP = 54800384
[fglrx] max   AGP = 54800384
[fglrx] free  LFB = 111149056
[fglrx] max   LFB = 111149056
[fglrx] free  Inv = 0
[fglrx] max   Inv = 0
[fglrx] total Inv = 0
[fglrx] total TIM = 0
[fglrx] total FB  = 0
[fglrx] total AGP = 16384
[fglrx] free  AGP = 54800384
[fglrx] max   AGP = 54800384
[fglrx] free  LFB = 111149056
[fglrx] max   LFB = 111149056
[fglrx] free  Inv = 0
[fglrx] max   Inv = 0
[fglrx] total Inv = 0
[fglrx] total TIM = 0
[fglrx] total FB  = 0
[fglrx] total AGP = 16384
[fglrx:drm_ioremapfree] *ERROR* [mappings] Attempt to
free NULL pointer
[fglrx] free  AGP = 54800384
[fglrx] max   AGP = 54800384
[fglrx] free  LFB = 111149056
[fglrx] max   LFB = 111149056
[fglrx] free  Inv = 0
[fglrx] max   Inv = 0
[fglrx] total Inv = 0
[fglrx] total TIM = 0
[fglrx] total FB  = 0
[fglrx] total AGP = 16384
[fglrx:drm_ioremapfree] *ERROR* [mappings] Attempt to
free NULL pointer

The command "dmesg|grep agp" produced the following
output:

Linux agpgart interface v0.99 (c) Jeff Hartmann
agpgart: Maximum main memory to use for agp memory:
690M
agpgart: Detected Via Apollo Pro KT400 chipset
agpgart: unable to determine aperture size.
[...]
Based on agpgart interface v0.99 (c) Jeff Hartmann
agpgart: Maximum main memory to use for agp memory:
690M
agpgart: Detected a Via Apollo KT400 chipset in AGP v2
compat mode at 00:00.0
agpgart: Detected Via Apollo KT400 chipset
agpgart: AGP aperture is 64M @ 0xe0000000
agpgart: Found an AGP 3.5 compliant device.

The only way to load X is to reinstall the default
fglrx rpm and run fglrxconfig again. What should I try
to fix the problem?

=====
Marc, signing over and out.
Ok, I'm typing, not writing. But that's not the point.