Re: [XFree86] Supported video card

John Chandler wrote:

Since I've been having some problems getting XFree86 to come up
properly, I've been wondering if I shouldn't just get a new video card
to eliminate the uncertainty of what card to specify in the config
file.  Two questions:

 1. If I say, "Chaintech nVidia GeForce MX400 64MB AGP," does anyone
    break out in hives?  Is there a list of video cards that are
    either very well supported or have been problematic in practice?
    (erm, Three Questions!)

Can't answer that one, but make sure your mother board has a AGP connector before buying an AGP card.

Maybe the reason for buying the PCI version of the SiS card had to do what that?

After further investigation, it seems you have either a VIA GA-6VMM or GA-7VMM. These have NO AGP slot.

Thomas

--
Thomas Winischhofer
Vienna/Austria