[XFree86] Matrox G450 MMS Configuration

Hi,

This is probably a most trivial question.. Please help a guy who cannot find the answer!

I am trying to configure a Matrox 450 MMS card driving four Samsung 172T LCD panels to operate as four displays.
(The HP 420 computer also has an AGP ATI Rage 128 display card driving Screen 0).

XFree86 -configure happily providing the attached configuration file. This does not work unless the ATI device (Screen 0) is removed from the loop.

Running only the first Matrox device is OK after adding the lines indicated. But adding the second screen ( line marked 'culprit' ) causes XFree86 to abort a per the attached log file.

Technical Info : Redhat 8.0 with XFree86 upgraded to 4.3.0 as of two weeks ago and using the latest mga and hal software from Matrox.

Somehow I think lots of people have got similar systems working - a sample working configuration file should most probably get me going !

Thanks for helping out!

Phil Roets
phil@xxxxxxxxx