Re: [XFree86] Purchase Advice Needed: Robust DVI support?

On Tue, 2003-10-28 at 17:18, Mark Vojkovich wrote:
>   The "nv" driver is unlikely to get the DVI working unless
> the GeForce card was the primary, that is, the one that the
> text mode came up on.  The Option CrtcNumber is not valid
> for the GeForce2 GTS.  It only applies to dual-head cards.
> If you can switch which is the text mode from your motherboard
> bios, the GeForce may work (I assume it's not the primary which
> is why it's not working).

Ahh, but as I understand it, this is the same limitation which applies
to the mga driver for my Matrox g450 card.  IIRC I had to make the g450
primary for it's DVI to work.

This means both my cards need to be primary for their DVI to work :(

Does this apply to all cards using the nv driver, or just the 2GTS?

Is there a similar limitation with all the Radeon driver/cards?

Again, much thanks!

--
Chris Hubick
mailto:chris@xxxxxxxxxx