Re: [XFree86] alt+gr does not work within X; right alt, that is

I have the same kind of probleme with French Macintosh keyboard (on the PC I hae no problem).

So the problem is to have
Left Alt + 5 => {
Left Alt + Ctrl + F1 => Switch to virtual text console 1.

I suceed to do this under the text console, but I am searching in order to solve my problem with X.

So I give you what I understand.

Your XF86Config file must be read with the rules/xfree86 file.

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier    "Generic Keyboard"
    Driver        "keyboard"
    Option        "CoreKeyboard"
    Option        "XkbRules"    "xfree86"
    Option        "XkbModel"    "pc105"
    Option        "XkbLayout"    "se"
    Option        "XkbVariant"    "se"
EndSection

(In Mandrake, the XkbRules is default, so I have to find the right file).
Then by reading the xfree86 file, you will discover where the pc105 file will be.

Then, you have to found the symbol file that links a key to a char.

You can try the xev utility to help the X expert to understand your problem.

In this list, some body gives me a good xmodmap solution by reading by xev trace. But unfortunatly, I lost the Alt+Ctl+F1 switching.

PHL