[XFree86] Re: Re: AW: Adding new monitor info in old XFree

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Bob Marcan wrote:

>> For the mean time however, to update your MonitorsDB database,
>> submit a bug report to your particular Linux distribution vendor
>> via their bug tracker.  In your bug report, include the complete
>> details of your monitor/display, and it is best if you include a
>> copy of the Microsoft Windows .INF file from the manufacturer of
>> the monitor, as we have tools which can scan the .INF file and
>> generate the necessary database lines for all monitors the .INF
>> file lists all at once.
>
>Can we contribute something?
>I have some specs of legacy SGI monitors (Hitachi, Mitsubishi, Sony..)

Sure thing..  just file a bug report in the sourceforge bug
tracker for my video-hwdata project and/or file a similar report
in Red Hat bugzilla against XFree86.  Attach the .INF files to
the bug report, and I'll go through them during my next monitors
sweep (I process them about once every month or two).

Thanks in advance!
TTYL

--
Mike A. Harris