Re: [XFree86] xev ignores some keypresses

>But we're not getting any traction on the mailing list with this problem
>I was hoping someone more knowledgeable would have commented by now.   I
>find it _impossible_ that other people are not having this problem, as I
>seriously doubt I'm the only guy with a newer Logitech keyboard running
>XFree86.  You can't GET a keyboard nowadays without these extra buttons on
>them.

If You use Linux, then problem is kernel related. Almost Logitech keyboards
uses two USB interfaces : 1st as normal keyboard and 2nd as multimedia
keys.
I think 2.4 ingnore multimedia keypress and do not send keycodes to TTY.
Instead You can read multimedia keypress from event interface.
So 1st normal keyboard from /dev/input/event0 and 2nd multimedia from
/dev/input/event1.
Current xf86 ingnore event interface. I know only one site
http://people.debian.org/~warp/evdev/
XFree86 input from linux event interface by Zephian E. Hull.
This code allow use /dev/input/eventXX as mouse and keyboard, but do not
catch multimedia keys, because them have different eventXX device file.

IMHO code, which read multimedia keypress from /dev/input/eventXX and
push into XFree86 events, does not exist :(

Aivils Stoss