Re: [XFree86] YASC (Yet another server crash)

   The most common causes for random crashes in my experience:

1) You are using freetype and it choked on a font or generated
   a bad glyph that the X server choked on.  Remedy: replace Load
   "freetype" with Load "xtt" in the XF86Config to use the other
   TrueType font renderer.

2) Graphics bugs.  Particularly with the OpenGL screensavers.  If you find
   your machine has crashed during the night, it was probably one of
   the OpenGL screen savers.

3) In vendor-provided binary drivers (because those seem to be the
   only ones using DMA for 2D), AGP instability on the system due
   to the GART drivers not knowing the proper workarounds for
   undocumented bugs in various AGP chipsets.  This is usually
   limited to ALi and older VIA chipsets.

			Mark.