Re: [XFree86] black and white

  Perhaps you don't really have kde or the utility you are using
is broken or misused?  It sounds like you're running without a window
manager.  The window manager is started from your .xinitrc file or
the system's xinitrc file (usually in /etc/X11/xinit).  Which is
what, I presume, "xwmconfig" modifies.

			Mark.