[XFree86] xev ignores some keypresses

Greetings,

I have a Logitech Access Keyboard (model # Y-SR34) with which I'm attempting
to use some of the special/non-standard keys.  I've done this before on
other keyboards... and it has always worked well before.

On this keyboard, most of the special keys show up fine -- I have defined
xmodmaps for the ones that work -- but there are 6 keys which do not
register an event under 'xev'.

They are:

* Messenger button
* New Mail
* My Computer
* My Docs
* My Pics
* My Music

In an attempt to understand why 'xev' doesn't see those keys, I've gone
through the docs and various searches in Google and Bugzilla, but came up
empty-handed.   Wondering if anyone on the list can help.

TIA for hints & advice.   Please reply-all, as I am not subscribed on this
list.

Cheers,
Dylan

PS, the following keys show up under 'xev' fine:

* Email
* Webcam
* Mute
* Volume up