Re: [XFree86] Resultion

Hey Mark, thanks for replying. I will reply within the message below.

On Sun, 2003-10-12 at 18:22, Mark Vojkovich wrote:
>    Could be that the monitor cable is too close to a power cord (electrical
> interference).
Why does this make a difference in resolution? Note that 1024 x 768 is
fine. I guess I forgot to mention that.

>    Could be that the monitor doesn't like the timings of that particular
> modeline.  Does it change when you adjust the monitor's geometry controls?
Whats a modeline? And I will try to see if it changes if I change the geometry.

>    Some video card clocks rates are cleaner than others.  Sometimes
> changing the pixel clock that the modeline uses by 1 MHz or even less
> will result in a stabler, PLL.
Please explain? What is a pixel clock? PLL?

>    I'm assuming the artifact you are describing looks like some
> kind of analog electronics artifact.
Huh?