Re: [XFree86] display problems: laptop, NVIDIA GeForce440Go, XFree 4.3.0

Mark Vojkovich <mvojkovi@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> In the case where you got a text text mode on both.  You should have
> the option of running one or the other via the CrtcNumber option,
> but behavior of the unused one is undefined (hopefully it's just
> blank.  It's not blank?).

No, it's green and blue vertical stripes, like I said.

Will it work to run two X servers, one on each CrtcNumber?

>    If it's just APM, the server should respond to it and vt switch
> for you as long as it's not disabled.  Ie, you don't have a message
> in the /var/log/XFree86.0.log that looks like:
>
> (WW) Open APM failed (/dev/apm_bios) (No such file or directory)
>
>    I don't really know much about XFree86's APM implementation
> but looking through the code, it seems like it vt switches away
> before going into powersave mode and vt switches back after
> coming out of it.  So, if whatever corruption there was can be
> cleared up by vt switching away and back, I'd expect XFree86's
> APM support to solve that problem.

I see messages like this:

(II) Open APM successful
(II) Configured Mouse: ps2EnableDataReporting: succeeded
(II) PM Event received: Power Status Change
(II) PM Event received: Power Status Change
(II) PM Event received: Power Status Change

no obvious pattern.  A complete log should have been attached to my