[XFree86] Large pixmaps

Hi,
  Over time my X server keeps growing in memory usage.  I'm aware that
this isn't a problem with the X server, and so I'd like to find out
where exactly the problem is.

I used restest, which reports the following client that looks like the
culprit:
Client 8 (base = 0x1200000, mask = 0x1fffff): 10 resource types
   WINDOW: 45
   PIXMAP: 22002  (133706080 bytes)
   GC: 38
   FONT: 7
   CURSOR: 5
   OTHER CLIENT: 15
   PASSIVE GRAB: 8873
   Unregistered resource 16: 1
   Unregistered resource 19: 83
   Unregistered resource 37: 1

The size of the X process is at about 190M right now, and a very large
chunk of that looks to be this particular pixmap.  Unfortunately, I have
no idea how to match the above information with a particular program
that is causing the trouble.  Is it even possible to find out who owns,
or at least created, this pixmap?

Thanks,
Chris

PS, I'm not subscribed to the list; I plan on just reading the archives
for replies, but if you need more information from me, please do cc me
so I can send a proper In-Reply-To header and not muck up threaded
clients.  Thanks.