[XFree86] dual-head - dual-user question

Hi,
   Can XFree86, with any known graphics hardware configuration, handle two
separate users running two separate XFree desktops on the same PC? These two
users would log in separately, but share machine resources. ssh is not an
option.

   The best solution, in my mind, would be if a single dual-head graphics
adapter could be used such that one user is on one monitor and the other
user is on a second monitor.

   Less compelling, but still acceptable in my specific case, would be a
second graphics adapter, PCI-based, that displayed the second desktop.

   Is anything like this possible? Can the two monitors be considered as two
completely separate displays by XFree?

   If it matters, I had intended to run Gentoo Linux if I can.

Thanks,
Mark