Re: [XFree86] Mattrox G400 Dual Head Configuration

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 08:36:30PM -0500, Ryan Underwood wrote:

> BTW, does anyone have DPMS working on the second head of a G400?  On my
> setup, DPMS works fine on the first head, but on the second head never
> powers off when the server goes into power saving mode -- instead, it
> displays some random color on the monitor, sometimes bright white, which
> couldn't possibly use any more power, thereby negating the point of the
> power saving modes in the first place. ;)

To follow up to this, I found that 'xset dpms force suspend' seems to
give me a blank screen on the 2nd head, but it does not seem to power
off the monitor.

Also, scanning through the CHANGELOG, I see the following changes which
might be relevant, all of which were made prior to 4.1.0 release:

434. Fix a problem with the mga G400 2nd head going into power saver
mode when it should be blanked, and enable DPMS for the 2nd head
(#A.358, Craig Leres).

842. Fix for G400 crtc2 blank screen color (#4205, Antti Tapaninen).

Anyone have any more info about these?  According to the changelog, not
only should I not be having the "blank screen color" issue on crtc2, but
DPMS should also be enabled on the second head. :)

I have a G400MAX running XFree86 4.3.0...

Thanks,

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>, icq=10317253