Betr: [XFree86] Radeon 9500 Pro not recognised

Next line states the device XFree has found accoring to the log:

(--) PCI:*(0:8:0) S3 Inc. 86c764/765 [Trio32/64/64V+] rev 0,

That doesn't sound like a Radeon ? The Trio64 should help there.

Marcel Stegehuis

I have just installed Virtual PC on my winxp computer and I installed a
Linux MAndrake 9.1 Guest 0S. I ge through the installation process without
glitch and it's when I get to the configuration screen for the video card

that I am
>aving HUGE problems trying to get the right card from the list.

My video card is an ATI Radeon 9500 Pro 128MB DDR. (AGP 8x)

Some of the cards I tried to use include:

VMWare card
ATI (Generic)
ATI Radeon
Radeon (Generic)
ATI Radeon 8500
VE
>A Generic
VGA Generic
S3 TRIO64 with 4MB (as mentionned on the microsoft website).

And all of this to no avail.

I had also previously installed VMWare on my winXP host and ran a Linux
Mandrake 9.1 host OS without any problems. I was able to s
>lect the VMWare
card from the list and there were no problems at all, but the Virtual PC

program jsut doesn't like it. I even tried to copy the XF86Config-4 files

from the VMWare machine into the Virtual PC machine but it still doesn't

work.

>Which card am I supposed to select form the list? Are there any ways to
get
around this? I have even tried to download the ATI device drivers for Linux

from their site (for XFree 4) and after recompiling the Kernel it still
didn't want to work...

I have included the output from the /var/log/XFree86.0.log

Also the error message I get after running startx is as follows:

XIO: fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server ":0.0"
	after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 e
>ents remaining.

Can anyone please help? I have no idea what to do as I have tried all of
the
things I thought would help fix the problem.

Cheers!!

henry

Get McAfee virus s
Extra Storage!   http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es