[XFree86] Radeon 9500 Pro not recognised

Dear All,

I have just installed Virtual PC on my winxp computer and I installed a Linux MAndrake 9.1 Guest 0S. I ge through the installation process without a glitch and it's when I get to the configuration screen for the video card that I am having HUGE problems trying to get the right card from the list.

My video card is an ATI Radeon 9500 Pro 128MB DDR. (AGP 8x)

Some of the cards I tried to use include:

VMWare card
ATI (Generic)
ATI Radeon
Radeon (Generic)
ATI Radeon 8500
VESA Generic
VGA Generic
S3 TRIO64 with 4MB (as mentionned on the microsoft website).

And all of this to no avail.

I had also previously installed VMWare on my winXP host and ran a Linux Mandrake 9.1 host OS without any problems. I was able to select the VMWare card from the list and there were no problems at all, but the Virtual PC program jsut doesn't like it. I even tried to copy the XF86Config-4 files from the VMWare machine into the Virtual PC machine but it still doesn't work.

Which card am I supposed to select form the list? Are there any ways to get around this? I have even tried to download the ATI device drivers for Linux from their site (for XFree 4) and after recompiling the Kernel it still didn't want to work...

I have included the output from the /var/log/XFree86.0.log

Also the error message I get after running startx is as follows:

XIO: fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server ":0.0"
	after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

Can anyone please help? I have no idea what to do as I have tried all of the things I thought would help fix the problem.

Cheers!!

henry

Get McAfee virus scanning and cleaning of incoming attachments. Get Hotmail Extra Storage! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es