Re: [XFree86] Mandrake 9.1 X-server Won't Display

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Ray Pratt wrote:

> Mr. Mark Vojkovich:
>
> Thank you.  I went back through the log file, and
> you're right, it shows that I have two video cards,
> even though that's not true -- I only have the SIS
> 6326 card, a Turtle Beach sound card, and a modem
> card, AND THAT'S IT.  Although I have on-board video
> (who doesn't?), I don't think it would be a high-end
> chip name like Nvidia, unless I'm mistaken.

   The Riva 128 isn't a high end chip and there were
motherboards that had one on board.  Yours appears to
be one of them.

> I'm going to read the various manuals that I can find
> via the command line before I ask for any more help.
> Thank you!

   You'll want to do "man XF86Config"

   Creating a ServerLayout section that only references
the SiS card will probably solve the immediate problem.
You may alread have such a ServerLayout and it's merely
a matter of moving it to the top of the XF86Config file.

			Mark.