[XFree86] no screen found

Hi,
I have installed red hat Linux on my system and when I tried to start it
up for the first time I get an a screen that tells me that no screen can
be found and it also says it can not use 24bit with my driver, I am using
a basic flat panel monitor and a nvidia geforce fx.  I am wondering if you
have an ideas on how to solve this problem, I went through everything I
could with the on screen help and and written material I could find but I
could not get it to work, and suggestions would be of great help.

Thanks,
Chad Wahlquist