Re: [XFree86] Can't start X - errors

Hi harold,
                  You would probably need the Graphical Development and X11 packages in all.
I would rather install the entire operating system because many files depend on each other for proper initialization.
Are u running out of hard disk space?
I don't understand why you want to load only a few options..
Satej

Harold Martin wrote:

On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 13:40, Satej Ankolekar wrote:
> > Hi harold,
>  I would suggest a reinstallation.  Looks like you have a minimal
> installation of Linux on your system. Its always wise to install the
> entire operating system in the first go and then remove those files
> that aren't necessary later.
> Satej
<snip>
I think you missed the point of the question. If I go in and rip stuff
out later, I'll still need to know what I do and don't need. Just tell
me what kernel modules (and other software besides X, if necessary) I
need.
Thanks,
Harold