Re: [XFree86] Can't start X - errors

On Thursday 18 September 2003 10:39 pm, Harold Martin wrote:
> I think you missed the point of the question. If I go in and rip stuff
> out later, I'll still need to know what I do and don't need. Just tell
> me what kernel modules (and other software besides X, if necessary) I
> need.

IMHO/IM(L)E, that's not easy, and I'm not sure it's worth the time.  Although
I take issue with the "always" in the previous response (not quoted), I think
it's often wise to install almost everything.  If the problem is hard disk
space, think seriously about a bigger / additional disk.

If I really had to do decide what I needed and what I didn't, I guess I'd
start digging into "dependencies" -- the package manager for your distro can
probably help.

Randy Kramer