Re: [XFree86] dual heads/single card help please

On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 10:51:54PM -0400, Eric J Bowser wrote:
> OK.  Once again, Radeon 7500, XFree86 4.3.99.12.  Trying to use mergedfb
> with dri acceleration.  It seems like no matter what I try, I get the
> following log message:
>
> (WW) RADEON(0): Option "MergedFB" is not used
>
> Accompanied by this, are two monitors both displaying the same picture,
> but a scrolling, double wide work area.
>
> Attached is a complete copy of my log output, and current config, thanks
> go to Alex.  I know there is a bunch of other cleanup to do in my
> config, but I'm just trying to get mergedfb to run right now.

Not a radeon (or indeed, a driver) guy, but I can make one suggestion from
experience: sometimes, that "bunch of other cleanup" fixes your primary
problem; once I fire off the query, I start doing it *anyway*; it's proven
productive in many circumstances in which it didn't look like it should.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                jra@xxxxxxxxxxx
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   OS X: Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows
        -- Simon Slavin, on a.f.c