[XFree86] screens not found error

hello
   I was not able to install linux 9 in my system as the system crashes when
ever i tried to go for Xwindows session. So i installed linux in text mode and
now tried to get the Xwindows back but i am getting a frequency variation in
the horizontal and vertical sync. whenever i give startx or init 5 it
immediately crashes and displays a message saying that improper frequency and
gives a range for the horizontal and vertical frequency and closes in 20
seconds. The monitor gets closed down and even the power gets off for the
monitor. I changed the frequency of the Horizontal and vertical sync in the
/etc/X11/XFree86 as mentioned in the message box but the window again closed
in 20 seconds.
I am sending you the log of the error. Can you help me in getting the Xwindows
working. My HP monitor model number is D2842A and it is 19 inches. I have a
integrated pro savageDDR KM266 graphics with 32 mb shared video memory.
thank you
kishore.