[XFree86] Saphire Radeon 9600 Atlantis

HW 3D is only supported on ati's driver.  the opensource radeon driver
only supports 2D on your card.  the error you are getting is suspect is
due to the flx module not being loaded.  in your config file in the
modules section make sure the glx module is listed; if not, add it.

Alex

------------------------------

Hello,

Can someone please tell me if there is a 3D driver available for this
card under linux?  I have tried everything from the drivers at ATI.com,

to the ones on the germany site, schneir.com (or something like that),
to the dri website and nothing seems to work.  I have also tried
fglrx.o, ati.o, and radeon.o to no avail.  2D works great, but I get
the
generic error message:

Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Video mode set failed: Couldn't find matching GLX visual

when I try to kick off an opengl application.  Here are my X logs.
This
is a run with the radeon driver.  Pretty much any driver yields the
same
results.  I am using XFree86 4.3.0.   Kernel 2.4.20-20.9. I have no
exotic hardware (SB Live!, Athlon 1900+). This is the latest greatest
offering from Redhat 9 with all released updates applied.

I bought this card to do opengl development, so you can guess my
disappointment.

Thank you for your consideration.
Bill Whitaker