Re: [XFree86] LCD - screen shifting problem with CyberBladeXP chipset

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Petri Jokinen wrote:

> have you members any tips how the screen shifting problem
> could passed?  Shifting prblem mean that the pixel lines from
> left are shift to right side about 3 mm (it's few but it make
> me crazy).

I had a similar problem some time ago with a Toshiba Satellite
Pro 4600, with cyberblade XP at 1024x768. The problem there lies
with the BIOS not setting up the hardware correctly.

It used to be fixed with a configuration option which allowed
the offset from the left edge of the screen to be adjusted - but
I can't remember what that option was, it doesn't appear in the
current man page, and my laptop works fine now without needing
it!

> The device is Toshiba Tecra 8200 1Ghz with Trident CybeBladeXp
> chipset.  X sw is 4.3.0 and screen resolution is 1400*1050 at
> the moment.

The only thing I can think of is to ensure you set the

Option "Display1400" "true"

as suggested in the man page (man trident).

As I say, mine works fine without any special options with
recent versions of the driver, so I guess yours must be a
different problem :(

I belive Alan Hourihane is the maintainer of that driver, so you
might try the latest version of the driver from CVS - it's
constantly being improved! He provides binaries:

http://www.xfree86.org/~alanh/

If it's still no good, he may know how to fix it, or how you can
help him diagnose the problem.

--
Bill Gallafent.