[XFree86] Multiple screen setup

Hello all!

I've got a pretty tricky problem I don't know how to get to grips with.
I've got three screens, two normal ones and a small touch screen.

I want to set it up so that

a) I can move windows freely between the two main screens (Xinerama-style)
b) I can open, close and manipulate windows on the touch screen
      using the same application that controls the windows on the
      main screens
c) I can get touch input from the touch screen to this same application
d) The touch input refers to the touch screen only (ie. all events relate
      only to the windows on that screen)
e) The mouse pointer never goes to the touch screen but stays on
      the main screens
f) The windows on all three screens are visible simultaneously

Here's my setup:
IBM Intellistation Z Pro (dual Xeon 2.8 GHz)
nVidia XGL980 on the AGP port driving the main screens
Matrox Millenium G450 PCI driving the touch screen
Red Hat 8.0
XFree86 4.2.0
The touch screen is by Datalux with a Microtouch overlay.

I use nVidia's Tvinview for the main screens, so Xinerama is disabled.
In other words, problem a) is handled.

Now, given that I don't want the mouse pointer interfered with by the
touch screen, the obvious choice seems to me to be to run two separate
X servers, one for the nVidia card and one for the Matrox.
It would still be possible to open windows on all screens from the same
application, and the touch screen events would be passed only to the
server driving the touch screen which would ensure that only the windows
on that screen ever got those events (but they would still be passed to the
same application).

However, when I do that, the two servers occupy different virtual
terminals,
so I have to switch terminals (Ctrl-Alt-F7 / F8) to use the different
screens -
and when I do, the other screens are blanked.

Is there a way around this?  I don't need the mouse on the touch screen,
I could live without the keyboard there too (although it would be nice if
it
worked), and there are no other hardware conflicts.

If I can't run two X servers on the same virtual terminal, is there another
way of solving the problem?

Many thanks,

/Ulf Sjöstedt
ulf.sjostedt@xxxxxxxxxxx